When to take
HydraION REHYDR8 may be taken on the first signs of fluid loss due to vomiting and diarrhoea.
HydraION REHYDR8 may also be taken to help manage dehydration due to the loss of fluids through heavy sweating. This can be caused by a hot or dry environment, fever or strenuous exercise.
HydraION REHYDR8 helps to restore fluid lost as a result of the diuretic effect of alcohol, and is best taken before you go to bed.
- Remove two tablets from the tube and replace the cap tightly. Dissolve in 200 mL of drinking water (2-3 minutes).
For babies under 6 months use freshly boiled and cooled water.
- Sip slowly and frequently while symptoms persist. Discard unused solution after 2 hours or 24 hours if refrigerated.
- Avoid mixing HydraION REHYDR8 with soft drink, cordial of fruit juice as these can interfere with the rehydration process.
- Always dissolve in water. Never place tablet directly into mouth.
Seek medical advice if vomiting or diarrhoea persists for more than:
- 6 hours in infants under 6 months
- 12 hours in children under 3 years
- 24 hours in children aged 3–6 years
- 48 hours for adults and children aged over 6 years
Store below 30°C
Be aware that dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhoea can be dangerous in babies and children under 5 years old and in elderly people.
Use only as directed
Contains 0.78 mg/mL potassium. If you have kidney disease or are taking heart or blood pressure medicines – consult your doctor or pharmacist before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Contains 1.38 mg/mL sodium. Quantity of sodium per maximum adult daily dose is 5520 mg.
Do not use if cap seal is broken. Replace cap tightly after use. Refer to base of tube for batch number and expiry date.